Wonga Villa' Grand Colonial Queenslander home on 771m².
- 6 Beds
- 3 Baths
- 2 Cars
The architecturally timeless Wonga Villa, dating back to the early 1900's, is a grand colonial home with character features in abundance. With enormous rooms, numerous fireplaces, stunning woodwork, stained glass and multiple living areas throughout, this home has something to offer everyone.
Tucked behind the home's private front fence, you are greeted by wide verandas and subtropical greenery. The central hallway offers direct access to 2 large bedrooms and then opens into a lounge and formal dining room of ballroom proportions, where 2 marble fireplaces take centre stage. The kitchen overlooks both an informal family room with ornate cedar fireplace and the spectacular tree lined, private entertaining area. A further bedroom, study, two bathrooms and a sauna complete the upper level.
Downstairs easily accommodates a pool table, living area, third bathroom and an additional kitchen. This area would suit a large family, aged parents, visitors or a teenager's retreat. The 4 additional downstairs bedrooms can be readily used for a study, gym or media room.
While Wonga Villa has been home for a large family of 7 and is synonymous for functional family living, with its 6 bedrooms, 2 offices, 3 bathrooms and multiple living areas, the downstairs area with separate entrance provides the potential for the rooms to be repurposed as a bespoke home-based office or dual living capacity.
The home is located within the catchment for the highly respected Eagle Junction Primary School and Kedron State High School and is also in close proximity to many of Brisbane's top private secondary schools. The proximity to airport and city trains, buses, major shopping centres and parks makes for an extremely convenient and desirable location.
For those who appreciate the history and charm of the traditional Queenslander and contemporary open-plan living, this house will be love at first sight. Wonga Villa is now ready to enter a new chapter with our empty nesters ready to move on.
Feel welcome to give Leigh Kortlang a call on 0400 434 244 to register your interest.
Features of the property include; -
• 3.5m ceilings with ornate plaster cornices and roses
• Wide VJ wall boards and pine floor boards
• French doors open to the 3 m wide colonial verandas and deck
• 3 fireplaces, 2 with marble surrounds and one with cedar
• 3 bathrooms
• Ornate stained-glass panels
• Pull-chord light switches and genuine antique, converted "oil lamp" hanging lights
• A formal dining and lounge occupies a huge room in the centre of the home
• LED downlights
• Sauna located on main rear deck.
• Expansive deck with separate pavilion
• Spacious downstairs area that can be used to suit the new owners' desires as an office or dual living capacity.
• Eagle Junction State Primary and Kedron State High School catchment.
• Walking distance to the renowned St. Ritas, Clayfield College and St Margarets private schools.
- Air Conditioning
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close To Schools
- Close To Shops
- Close To Transport
771m² / 0.19 acres
2 garage spaces
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide can not be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.